Academy Coaches – Part Time
Job Title: Academy Coaches – Part Time
Responsible to: Head of Academy / Lead Coach
Job Type: Part Time Contracted & Voluntary
This is a coaching role in the Academy at Hull City Ladies FC which includes age groups under 16 years.
This role requires someone with a clear passion for the long term development of talented football players, creating a pathway into senior football and the first and reserve teams at Hull City Ladies FC.
Due to the nature of the Academy, this role will include working weekends and evenings.
To coach in line with the Clubs’ Coaching Programme and to ensure that welfare philosophies are upheld.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
– To effectively coach, mentor and develop the performance of players within the age specific groups.
– To assist in developing Academy players through delivering planned sessions from the syllabus.
– To assist the Lead Coach in providing well structured, enjoyable and accurate sessions to deliver the syllabus to both engage and educate the players.
– Ensure player coaching files for the phase are maintained and up to date
– Attend Parents evenings and other Academy and Club meetings and activities as required.
– Have regular contact with the Lead Phase Coach regarding player progress.
– Liaise with Recruitment and Education and Welfare to manage and develop Academy Players.
– Arrive at training and match venue in good time to prepare for the session / match.
– Ensure you have all necessary equipment prior to the session / match and notify Academy Administrator of any loss or damaged equipment.
– Assist the Lead Coach with delivery of sessions and when needed lead the session.
– Reasonably partake in planning and reviewing sessions
– Work with the Lead coach to produce monthly targets for players.
– Abide by the Staff Handbook and policies at all times (including Coaches Code of Conduct)
– Be an ambassador of Hull City Ladies FC giving excellent customer service at all times, portraying a professional image throughout the interaction.
– Carry out regular performance reviews with subordinates in line with Company guidelines.
– Treat all colleagues as customers ensuring respectful positive outcomes across all communications.
– Perform other duties as required, which are considered relevant to the post and to the objectives of HCLFC
– Adhere to and abide by all HCLFC policies, procedures and guidelines especially remembering responsibilities to others under:
– Equal opportunities and dignity at work policies
– Health & Safety policy and
This post is subject to enhanced disclosure.
Job Title: Academy Coach
Qualifications & knowledge:
• Hold a minimum of a UEFA B Licence.
• Hold or are working towards the relevant age related coaching Qualification. ( The FA Youth Award Modules )
• Be a member or intend to become a member of the FA Licensed Coaching Club.
• Hold an up to date DBS, Safeguarding and Basic First Aid qualification.
• Have a working knowledge of Hull City Ladies FC and the Academy.
• Customer focus, develops and maintains knowledge of the needs of customers and focuses energy and efforts on meeting these needs.
• Effective communication Communicates confidently and effectively orally and in writing
• Team working Supports others in the achievement of their objectives
• Personal effectiveness Develops effective plans to deliver optimum results within agreed timeframes and by most cost efficient route
Hull City Ladies FC is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassments and in which all decisions are based on merit.
It is our policy to treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly irrespective of their sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, culture, religion, age or disability.
How to apply :
Please send a covering letter and your CV for the attention of Beth Van Tilburg, Club Secretary, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this post is 27/11/2020
Interviews will be scheduled a week after closing date.