Job Title: Academy Coaches – Part Time Paid Role
Responsible to: Academy Manager.
This is a coaching role in the Girls Elite Academy at Hull City Ladies FC which includes age groups from under 10’s, 12’s, 14’s and 16’s.
This role requires someone with a clear passion for the long term development of talented football players, creating a pathway into senior football and the first and reserve teams at Hull City Ladies FC.
Due to the nature of the Academy, this role will include working evenings currently on a Monday and Friday 5-8pm depending on age group.
To coach in line with the Clubs’ Coaching Program, Philosophy and safeguarding/welfare protocols.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- To effectively coach, mentor and develop the performance of players within the age specific groups.
- To assist in developing Academy players by the use of the four corner long term player development model and delivering planned sessions from the academy syllabus
- To provide well structured, enjoyable and accurate sessions to deliver the syllabus to both engage and educate the players.
- Prepare, record and store session plans in line with the syllabus as part of coach CPD Reviews.
- To complete Individual Player Learning Development Plans.
- Attend Parents evenings, player reviews and other Academy and Club meetings and activities as required.
- Have regular contact with the Academy Manager regarding player progress.
- Liaise with Safeguarding and Welfare regards any issues of Academy Players.
- Arrive at training and match venue in good time to prepare for the session / match.
- Ensure you have all necessary equipment prior to the session / match and notify Academy Manager of any loss or damaged equipment.
- Produce monthly targets for players as part of the player development plan.
- Abide by the Staff Handbook and policies at all times (including Coaches Code of Conduct)
Qualifications & knowledge:
- Hold a minimum of a Level 2 Coaching Qualification (or Level 1 and actively working towards Level 2) for U10’s and 12’s and the UEFA B/Level 3 (or Level 2 and actively working towards Level 3) for the U14’s and 16’s
- Hold or are working towards the relevant age related coaching Qualifications regards
(The FA Youth Award Modules )
- Hold an up to date DBS, Safeguarding and Basic First Aid qualification.
- Have a working knowledge of Hull City Ladies FC and the Academy
- Work alongside experienced coaches, to further develop skills and understanding in coaching.
- Hull City Ladies Attire
- To learn and gain hands on experience working in youth football.
- Be an ambassador of Hull City Ladies FC giving excellent customer service at all times, portraying a professional image throughout the interaction.
- Treat all colleagues as customers ensuring respectful positive outcomes across all communications.
- Perform other duties as required, which are considered relevant to the post and to the objectives of HCLFC
Adhere to and abide by all HCLFC policies, procedures and guidelines especially remembering responsibilities to others under:
– Equal opportunities and dignity at work policies
– Health & Safety policy and
This post is subject to enhanced disclosure.
- Customer focus, develops and maintains knowledge of the needs of customers and focuses energy and efforts on meeting these needs.
- Effective communication Communicates confidently and effectively orally and in writing
- Team working Supports others in the achievement of their objectives
- Personal effectiveness Develops effective plans to deliver optimum results within agreed timeframes and by most cost efficient route
Hull City Ladies FC is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassments and in which all decisions are based on merit. It is pertinent to mention that female coaches are under-represented and we would welcome applications from any interested parties. Coach mentoring and support will be provided and supported by the academy manager.
It is our policy to treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly irrespective of their sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, culture, religion, age or disability.
How to apply :
Please send a covering letter and your CV for the attention of Club Secretary Alex Robinson by email to: Secretary@hullcityladies.com
The closing date for this post is 19th January 2022. Interviews will be scheduled after the closing date. If you haven’t heard anything, please see that your application is unsuccessful, but thank you for applying.