Job Title: First Team Manager
Department: Senior Team
Responsible to: Managing Director & Committee
Job Type: Part Time Contracted / Expenses Paid
- An ability to manage, motivate and coach a first-team squad whilst also maintaining the club’s sustainability off the field.
- An ability to build and manage an effective coaching/support team.
- An ability to recruit, retain, and develop players.
- An ability to recruit, retain and develop coaches and assistants.
- A role model for code of conduct behaviours in the game and highly supportive of standards for equality, diversity, and inclusion in line with FA guidelines.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- To develop a successful style of play for the first team, capable of delivering the required results.
- To attend all training sessions and provide high quality coaching.
- To attend all scheduled games.
- To liaise where appropriate with the Academy Manager and Reserve Team Manager to facilitate development and experiential opportunities for the club’s Academy and Reserve Team players
- Great communication with players, staff, and club committee representatives.
- Provide feedback and review development of players in line with personal development plans of individual players
- Provide feedback, supervision and review the development of coaches and assistants. Support them with planning, preparing and delivering detailed coaching sessions under supervision in line with the club’s philosophy.
- To produce results and targets set out in the 5 year plan which includes promotion.
- To liaise with the Coaches and Assistant Manager to help plan, prepare and deliver detailed individual plans and sessions.
- Monthly meetings between management staff and occasionally the Committee will take place to evaluate, plan and feedback progress and any issues that arise.
- To use Hull City Ladies email and follow all policies and procedures
- Post-match interview after each game, in-front of HCLFC banners
- Self development, attending up to date training related to coaching and working in women’s football.
- To attend CPD workshops and FA meetings (where necessary)
- Be an ambassador of Hull City Ladies FC giving excellent customer service at all times, portraying a professional image throughout the interaction.
- Treat all colleagues as customers ensuring respectful positive outcomes across all communications
- Perform other duties as required, which are considered relevant to the post and to the objectives of HCLFC
- Adhere to and abide by all HCLFC policies, procedures and guidelines especially remembering responsibilities to others under:
– Equal opportunities and dignity at work policies
– Health & Safety policy
This post is subject to enhanced disclosure.
- Knowledge and strategic understanding of women’s football clubs in the FA Women’s National League
- Passion for women’s football and sport
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding
- Knowledge of whole game system
- Experience of operating in positions of leadership
- Established networks
- Experience of coaching and managing a first team
- Experience of delivering high level coaching at Tier 3 and 4
- Leadership skills
- Strategic management
- Professional A or B licence coaching certificate
- Safeguarding Certificate
- First Aid Trained
Hull City Ladies FC is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassments and in which all decisions are based on merit. It is pertinent to mention that female coaches are under-represented and we would welcome applications from any interested parties.
It is our policy to treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly irrespective of their sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, culture, religion, age or disability.
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline induction of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
How to apply :
Please send a covering letter, your CV and two references for the attention of Club Secretary Alex Robinson by email to: Secretary@hullcityladies.com
The closing date for this post is 05/06/2022, 12PM midday. Interviews will take place W/C 06/06/2022.