Job Title: Girls Elite Academy Manager
Responsible to: Managing Director
Job Type: Part Time Contracted
This is a management and coaching role in the Girls Elite Academy at Hull City Ladies FC which includes age groups from under 10’s, 12’s, 14’s and 16’s.
This role requires someone with a clear passion for the long term development of talented football players, creating a pathway into senior football and the first and reserve teams at Hull City Ladies FC.
Due to the nature of the Academy, this role will include working evenings currently on a Monday and Friday 5-8pm depending on age group.
To coach in line with the Clubs’ Coaching Program, Philosophy and safeguarding/welfare protocols.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Growth of programme
- Fully populate and retention
- Structure of the Academy
- Management of Staff, Players, Parents
- Pathway for girls to progress
- Design, implementation and management of Academy coaching curriculum
- Ensure Academy is continually achieving the levels required to retain popularity and growth
- Work closely with all key stakeholders
- To strategically research, plan, deliver and evaluate programmes and key areas
- To work with key partners of the club in maintaining and developing further partnerships
- To help deliver educational sessions including technical, tactical, SandC, Recovery, Nutrition, Psychology, Performance Analysis
- Work closely with key members of staff and volunteers at Hull City Ladies to enhance all areas of the Academy
- To effectively coach, mentor and develop the performance of players within the age specific groups.
- To assist in developing Academy players by the use of the four corner long term player development model and delivering planned sessions from the academy syllabus
- To provide well structured, enjoyable and accurate sessions to deliver the syllabus to both engage and educate the players.
- Prepare, record and store session plans in line with the syllabus as part of coach CPD Reviews.
- To complete Individual Player Learning Development Plans.
- Attend Parents evenings, player reviews and other Academy and Club meetings and activities as required.
- Liaise with Safeguarding and Welfare regards any issues of Academy Players.
- Arrive at training and match venue in good time to prepare for the session / match.
- Abide by the Staff Handbook and policies at all times (including Coaches Code of Conduct)
- Knowledge and strategic understanding of youth football and Girls Academies
- Passion for women’s football and sport
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding
- Have a working knowledge of Hull City Ladies FC and the Academy
- Experience of operating in positions of leadership
- Established networks
- Experience of coaching and managing young players
- Leadership skills
- Strategic management
- Hold a minimum of a UEFA B/ Level 3 Coaching Qualification (or Level 2 and actively working towards Level 3).
- Safeguarding Certificate
- First Aid Trained
- The FA Youth Award Modules
- Hold an up to date DBS, Safeguarding and Basic First Aid qualification.
- Be an ambassador of Hull City Ladies FC giving excellent customer service at all times, portraying a professional image throughout the interaction.
- Treat all colleagues as customers ensuring respectful positive outcomes across all communications.
- Perform other duties as required, which are considered relevant to the post and to the objectives of HCLFC
- Adhere to and abide by all HCLFC policies, procedures and guidelines especially remembering responsibilities to others under:
– Equal opportunities and dignity at work policies
– Health & Safety policy and
This post is subject to enhanced disclosure.
Hull City Ladies FC is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassments and in which all decisions are based on merit. It is pertinent to mention that female coaches are under-represented and we would welcome applications from any interested parties. Coach mentoring and support will be provided and supported by the academy manager.
It is our policy to treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly irrespective of their sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, culture, religion, age or disability.
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline induction of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
How to apply :
Please send a covering letter, your CV and two references for the attention of Club Secretary Alex Robinson by email to: Secretary@hullcityladies.com
The closing date for this post is 20/07/2022, 12PM midday. Interviews will take place W/C 25/07/2022.