City eventually over powered in FA Cup defeat

Late goals from Wolves turned the game around and saw Hull City’s FA Cup journey come to an end at the Easy Buy.

Ellie Tanser gave the Tigresses the lead on the stroke of half time before Hughes, Morphet, Merrick and Bramford all struck to following mistakes

City started brightly and opened up with the games early pressure. Crosses from both sides were attacked well, without any clear cut openings

Then the first defining moment of the game. A freekick was swung in by Symington, and met by Tanser. As the ball travelled back across the box both Knight and Wolves keeper Thomas went for the ball with the City striker catching the ball was claimed low. The days referee deemed it foul play and issued a red card

City were not deterred. And despite the challenge limited their visitors to possession only throughout a cagey first half

Great pressure from Thompson and Ackroyd forced the mistake in the Wolves defence, and winning a corner late in the half

Thompson delivered deep and well, with captain Tanser rising highest and powering a header in

HT 1-0

Second half and the visitors expectedly came out the dominant side using their experience and player advantage well – but City held fast and again limited any real chances on goal in the opening stages of the half

Then on 60 minutes the break through came. A long hopeful ball from the Wolves keeper in to space, and as Jackman looks to clear her lines the Wolves forward pounced on the ball back before squaring it to Hughes to equalise

Then Wolves hit again. A raking cross field ball to the right gave Toussaint a chance to drive in to the box, evading the first challenge and then leaping well over the second to earn the decision from the referee. Morphet stepped up and just squeezed it in past Wallace who did well to get a hand to it

City grew back in to it. A number of adventures forward caused issue in the Wolves back line, but failed to open any clear cut chances

One did open up. An incredible ball from Hunt set Ackroyd away, before being scythed down by the Wolves keeper 25 yards from goal. Thompson lined up the freekick and struck well towards to the near post but couldn’t get that important touch

As City pressed forward looking to get something back Wolves hit two sucker punches to end the contest. First Bramford pounced on a spill from Wallace and then Merrick swung in a freekick late on

Photo by David Winn