Job Title: Reserve Team Manager
Job Type: Part Time Contracted & Voluntary
Reports To: 1st Team Manager / Director
Hull City Ladies are looking for a passionate and committed manager to manage and coach Hull City Ladies Reserves.
Hull City Ladies will support coach through their coaching qualifications and badges.
Due to the nature of this role it will working weekends and evenings.
To coach in line with the Clubs’ Coaching Program, Philosophy and safeguarding/welfare protocols.
• An ability to manage, motivate and coach a reserve-team squad whilst also maintaining the club’s sustainability off the field.
• An ability to build and manage an effective coaching/support team
• An ability to recruit, retain, and develop players.
• An ability to recruit, retain and develop coaches and assistants.
A role model for code of conduct behaviours in the game and highly supportive of standards for equality, diversity, and inclusion in line with FA guidelines.
• To develop a successful style of play for the reserve team, capable of delivering the required results.
• To attend all training sessions and provide high quality coaching.
• To attend all scheduled games.
• To liaise where appropriate with the Director of Women and Girls Football and 1st Team Manager to facilitate development and experiential opportunities for the club’s ETC and Reserve Team players
• Great communication with players, staff, club committee representatives and parents about upcoming games, travel, photo shoots, media work etc
• Provide feedback and review development of players in line with personal development plans of individual players
• Provide feedback, supervision and review the development of coaches and assistants. Support them with planning, preparing and delivering detailed coaching sessions under supervision in line with the club’s philosophy.
• To liaise with the Coaches to help plan, prepare and deliver detailed individual plans and sessions.
• Monthly meetings between management staff and occasionally the Committee will take place to evaluate, plan and feedback progress and any issues that arise.
• To use Hull City Ladies email and follow all policies and procedures
• Self-development, attending up to date training related to coaching and working in women’s football
• To book in pre-season friendlies with the club secretary
• To keep in good communication with Head of Operations regarding players, registration and kit
• To liaise with Dave Bell about away travel, and to update Head of Operations on away travel
• To ensure if any reserve player leaves, the processes are followed alongside Head Of Operations regarding kit
• To ensure all Reserve players have signed code of conduct and maintain payments/player subs
• To liaise with John Oxley about food for after the reserve games
• To encourage all players and opposition to go into the club house for post-match food
• To fill bus stops out after Reserve games away if possible but definitely home games, working and liaising with parents /volunteers
• On home game days to set up goals, corner flags, permitter rope and dugout, to take this down after the game
• To ensure you keep good communication with the Head of Medical regarding the medical bags for all Reserves games
• To ensure you always have a assistant/physio at all games, if assistant/physio are unavailable, members of the Supporters group will assist
• To take wooden blocks out near the cricket field
• To take out the block nearest the car park, this is for ambulance to get onto the pitch
• To look after ensure the kit is ready for each game
• Supported financially through Level 2 / UEFA B football coaching courses
• Free dentistry
• Club attire
• Free gym
• Free foot health care
• Mentored by UEFA B coach
• Free physiotherapy
• CPD opportunities though the club/ERCFA/FA/FAWNL
• Knowledge and strategic understanding of women’s football clubs in the FA Women’s National League
• Passion for women’s football and sport
• Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding
• Knowledge of whole game system
• Experience of operating in positions of leadership
• Established networks
• Experience of coaching and managing a reserve team
• Experience of delivering high level coaching at Tier 3/ 4 & the Reserve Division
• Leadership skills
• Strategic management
• Safeguarding Certificate
• First Aid Trained
• Hold or equivalent of working towards UEFA C license
• Enhanced CRC Check Required– carried out by the club.
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline induction of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
• Be an ambassador of Hull City Ladies FC giving excellent customer service at all times, portraying a professional image throughout the interaction.
• Treat all colleagues as customers ensuring respectful positive outcomes across all communications.
• Perform other duties as required, which are considered relevant to the post and to the objectives of HCLFC
• Adhere to and abide by all HCLFC policies, procedures and guidelines especially remembering responsibilities to others under:
– Equal opportunities and dignity at work policies
– Health & Safety policy and
This post is subject to enhanced disclosure.
Hull City Ladies FC is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassments and in which all decisions are based on merit. It is pertinent to mention that female coaches are under-represented and we would welcome applications from any interested parties.
It is our policy to treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly irrespective of their sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, culture, religion, age or disability.
How to apply :
Please send a covering letter, CV and two references for the attention of Club Secretary Alex Robinson by email to: Secretary@hullcityladies.com
The closing date on this role is Friday 23rd February, with interviews taking place W/C 26th February.
If you don’t hear back by the 26th, you have not been considered for this role at this time, but thank you for expressing interest in Hull City Ladies